Board of Directors Meeting
Board of Directors Meeting
For public participation, please see the agenda for further instructions to join our meeting.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call of Members
- Meeting Open to Public
- Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
- Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
- Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
- Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
- No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
- For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
- July Tri-Valley Accessible Advisory Committee Minutes
- Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows
A. Minutes of the August 7, 2023 Board of Directors meeting.
B. Treasurer’s Report for June 2023 (preliminary) and July 2023
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve the June 2023 and July 2023 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Go Tri-Valley Contract Amendments
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends the Board authorize the Executive Director to execute amendments to the Go Tri-Valley contracts with Lyft, Inc. and Uber Technologies, Inc. to extend the contract terms and accommodate the increased ridership and subsequent annual program costs while Staff conducts in-depth analysis of the program.
D. Award of Contract for Legal Services
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board execute a contract with Hanson Bridgett for legal services over a three-year base term for an aggregate not-to-exceed amount of $450,000.
E. On-Call Creative, Design and Media Strategy Services Task Order Contract
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommend the Board
authorize the Executive Director to execute an on-call Task Order with Celtis Ventures, Inc. for creative, design and media strategy services through March 31, 2024 in an amount not-to-exceed $100,000.
- Amendment to LAVTA’s Bylaws, Article III, Section 3.03(a) Regarding Board Compensation
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommend the Board approve the proposed the proposed amendment to LAVTA’s Bylaws, specifically Article III, Section 3.03(a) “Compensation.”
- Alameda County Affordable Student Pass Pilot
Recommendation: This is an informational item only.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Adjourn to CLOSED SESSION
- Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section §54957
THREAT TO PUBLIC SERVICES OR FACILITIES
- Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
- Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
- Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
- Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: October 2, 2023
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Executive Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 9/8/2023
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551