Wheels Para-Taxi Reimbursement Program
The Wheels Para-Taxi Program is a premium paratransit service, which provides flexible same-day transportation service for ADA-certified Wheels Dial-A-Ride riders by reimbursing riders for taxi (including rideshare) service.
Why use the Para-Taxi Program?
The Para-Taxi Program is inexpensive, convenient, and comfortable
- Easily book on the same day of your ride.
- You don’t have to share the ride and can get to your destination faster.
- The final cost after the reimbursement is often less than a Dial-A-Ride ticket.
- There is no extra charge for an additional passenger traveling with you.
How to use the Para-Taxi Program?
Directly book a taxi, Uber, or Lyft and get reimbursed
- Directly book a taxi, Uber or Lyft
- Pay your taxi, Uber or Lyft driver the full meter fare at the end of your trip
- Ask the driver for a receipt at the end of your trip.
- Fill out the Reimbursement Request Form and send it along with your receipt:
Attn: Para-Taxi Program Wheels/LAVTA
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100 Livermore, CA 94551
- Receive a check reimbursement of 85% of the total taxi fare (meter fare and up to 15% tip).