Board of Directors Meeting
Board of Directors Meeting
For public participation, please see the agenda for further instructions to join our meeting.
- Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call of Members
- Meeting Open to Public
- Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
- Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
- Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
- Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
- No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
- For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
- May Tri-Valley Accessible Advisory Committee Minutes
- Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
A. Minutes of the June 5, 2023 Board of Directors meeting.
B. Treasurer’s Report for May 2023
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve the May 2023 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Updated Passenger Code of Conduct
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve Resolution 19-2023 adopting the updated LAVTA Passenger Code of Conduct.
D. Resolution in Support of Continued Participation in the Metropolitan Transportation Commission’s Clipper START! Pilot Program
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends that the Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to provide the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) with a resolution indicating LAVTA’s desire to continue to participate in MTC’s Clipper START! pilot program.
E. Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) 3-Year Goal Establishment (2024-2026)
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board adopt the three-year DBE goal of 1% for Federal Fiscal Years 2024-2026.
- Establishing Standing Committees and Memberships
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board confirm and approve Resolution 20-2023, establishing standing committees, memberships, and officers.
- Issuing Task Order No. 3 to Ascendal Group, LLC for Strategic Planning Services
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board authorize the Executive Director to execute Task Order No. 3 with Ascendal Group, LLC in an amount not-to-exceed $70,000.
- Consider Amendment to LAVTA’s Bylaws, Article III, Section 3.03(a) Regarding Board Compensation
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board receive the first reading of the proposed amended Bylaws.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
- Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
- Adjourn to CLOSED SESSION
- Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section §54957
THREAT TO PUBLIC SERVICES OR FACILITIES
- Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
- Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: September 11, 2023
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Executive Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 7/7/2023
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551