Finance and Administration Committee Meeting
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Committee on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Members of the audience may address the Committee on items on the Agenda at the time the Chair calls for the particular Agenda item.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
4. Minutes of the January 23, 2018 Meeting of the F&A Committee
5. Treasurer’s Report for January 2018
Recommendation: Staff recommends submitting the attached January 2018 Treasurer’s Report to the Board for approval.
6. Contract Award for LAVTA On-Call Bus Shelter Installation, Removal, and Related Services
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Finance and Administration Committee recommend that the Board authorize the Executive Director to execute a one-year contract with two one-year options with Hammercraft Construction and Development for on-call bus shelter installation, removal, and related services.
Recommendation: Staff requests that the Finance and Administration Committee recommend the Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to execute an Agreement between LAVTA and Sealed Power Corporation to replace obsolete fareboxes on 20 LAVTA-owned buses.
8. Fixed-Route Operations and Maintenance Contract
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Committee recommend to the Board of Directors that the fixed-route operations and maintenance contract be awarded to MV Transportation. MV’s proposal was ranked highest, its cost was the lowest proposed with the lowest escalators, and the management team has direct experience successfully delivering LAVTA’s services.
9. Resolution in Support of Application for FY 17-18 funding through the State Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP)
Recommendation: Staff requests the Committee recommend Board approval of Resolution 09-2018 in support of an allocation request to Caltrans for the Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP) toward the future purchase of four zero-emission battery-electric replacement buses in FY 2022. This resolution is required to request allocations for this funding from Caltrans.
10. Preview of Upcoming F&A Committee Agenda Items
11. Matters Initiated by Committee Members
12. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: March 27, 2018
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 2/23/2018
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org