Due to COVID-19 meetings will not be held on-site at LAVTA, so please see the agenda link for further instructions for joining our Zoom conference meeting and how the public can participate.
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval of the March 2021 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends approving the attached resolutions authorizing the filing of a claim with MTC for Allocation of TDA Article 4.0, 4.5, STA, and RM2 Funds for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 14-2021 in support of an allocation request to the Metropolitan Transportation Commission for $230,000 for the design phase of the Rapid Bus Stop Improvement Project.
E. Resolution in Support of Application for Funding through the Metropolitan Transportation Commission Safe and Seamless Mobility Quick Strike Program for the LAVTA Passenger Facilities Enhancement Project
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 13-2021, authorizing the filing of an application for funding assigned to the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) for the LAVTA Passenger Facilities Enhancements project. This resolution is required to request this funding from MTC.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 12-2021, authorizing LAVTA to receive federal funding under FTA Section 5311.
Recommendation: None – information only.
Recommendation: Based on feedback received from the Project & Services Committee, staff recommends the Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to execute a contract with United Safety and Survivability Corporation for 65 air purification systems for the entire fixed route fleet in an amount not to exceed $206,000.
8. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
9. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: June 7, 2021
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Executive Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 4/30/2021
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : email@example.com