Board of Directors Meeting
Due to COVID-19 meetings will not be held on-site at LAVTA, so please see the agenda link for further instructions for joining our Zoom conference meeting and how the public can participate.
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. January Tri-Valley Accessible Advisory Committee Minutes
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
A. Minutes of the December 7, 2020 Board of Directors meeting.
B. Treasurer’s Report for November 2020 and December 2020
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee requests that the Board of Directors approve the November 2020 and December 2020 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 04-2021 affirming LAVTA’s 2021 Legislative Program.
D. Evaluation of Paratransit Services
Recommendation: Based on recommendations of both the Project & Services and Finance & Administration committees, staff recommends the Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to reject all proposals from RFP 2020-04 for Paratransit Operations and Maintenance and negotiate and exercise an MOU with CCCTA to establish a 15-month pilot where LAVTA will share CCCTA’s paratransit contractor in an effort to more efficiently achieve common goals toward a more seamless paratransit program.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board nominate and elect a new LAVTA Board Vice Chair from Pleasanton to fill the remaining term of outgoing Boardmember Jerry Pentin.
7. Welcome of New Board Members and Adoption of Revised Resolution with Committee Assignments
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board adopt Resolution 05-2021 appointing Brittni Kiick, Livermore City Council Member and Kathy Narum, Pleasanton City Council Member to Finance and Administration Committee, and David Haubert, Alameda County Supervisor and Jean Josey, Dublin City Council Member to the Projects and Services Committee.
8. Appointment of LAVTA Representative to the Tri-Valley – San Joaquin Valley Regional Rail Authority
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the LAVTA Board appoint a representative to serve on the Tri-Valley – San Joaquin Valley Regional Rail Authority
9. State of the System Presentation
Recommendation: None – information only.
10. Public Input on COVID-19 Emergency Service Changes
Recommendation: None – information only.
11. Executive Director’s Report
12. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
13. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: March 1, 2021
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Executive Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 1/29/2021
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org