Board of Directors Meeting
Due to COVID-19 meetings will not be held on-site at LAVTA, so please see the agenda link for further instructions for joining our Zoom conference meeting and how the public can participate.
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. November Tri-Valley Accessible Advisory Committee Minutes
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
A. Minutes of the November 2, 2020 Board of Directors meeting.
B. Treasurer’s Report for October 2020
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board of Directors approve the LAVTA Treasurer’s Report for October 2020.
C. Solicit Public Input on COVID Related Service Reductions
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends that the Board of Directors open a public comment period regarding emergency service changes that have been implemented as a result of reduced ridership attributable to the COVID-19 pandemic.
6. Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan
Recommendation: Approve the SMS and PTASP and designate a Chief Safety Officer as required by the Federal Transit Administration and adopt Resolution 32-2020. Approve the revised job description in order to streamline the current operations oversight duties of the Director of Operations and Innovation with the additional safety oversight responsibilities of the Chief Safety Officer.
7. Evaluation of Paratransit Services
Recommendation: Authorize Executive Director to continue discussions and draft an MOU with the Central Contra Costa Transit Authority (CCCTA) to be considered by the LAVTA Board of Directors that establishes an 18-month pilot project to integrate paratransit programs with Central Contra Costa Transit Authority.
8. Executive Director’s Report
9. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
10. Recognition of Outgoing Board Members
11. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: January 4, 2021
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Executive Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 12/4/20
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org