Board of Directors Meeting
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. July Wheels Accessible Advisory Committee Minutes Report
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
A. Minutes of the July 2, 2018 Board of Directors meeting.
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of June 2018 (preliminary) and July 2018
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board approve the June 2018 (preliminary) and July 2018 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to execute an Agreement between LAVTA and Seon Design USA Corp. dba MobileView to replace video surveillance systems on 20 LAVTA-owned buses.
D. Declaration of Surplus Property in Compliance with LAVTA Policy for Disposition of Surplus Property
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors declare as surplus nineteen (19) buses, two (2) road supervisor vehicles and authorize their disposal through a method consistent with LAVTA’s Policy for Disposition of Surplus Property.
E. Renaming of the Wheels Accessible Advisory Committee (WAAC)
Recommendation: Approve renaming the Wheels Accessible Advisory Committee (WAAC) to Tri-Valley Accessible Advisory Committee (TAAC).
F. Resolution in Support of Application for FY 18-19 Funding through the State Transit Assistance State of Good Repair Program
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 23-2018 in support of an allocation request to Caltrans for the State Transit Assistance State of Good Repair (SGR) Program.
G. One Year Extension to Paratransit Operation Contract to Medical Transportation Management, Inc.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration committee forward to the Board a recommendation to exercise the second option year and extend the paratransit operations agreement from July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
H. Recognition – Diane Farner – 40 years of service
Recommendation: It is requested that the Board of Directors adopt the attached Resolution appreciating the services of Diane Farner in recognition of her service as a Bus Operator with the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA), from 1987 until 2018 and its predecessor the Rideo bus system.
6. Livermore Historic Railroad Depot Lease Agreement
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 27-2018, authorizing the Executive Director to execute an agreement with the City of Livermore to lease a portion of the City’s historic Railroad Depot for long-term use as LAVTA’s ticketing office.
7. Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Dublin and the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority for the Shared Autonomous Vehicle Testing Project.
Recommendation: The Projects and Service Committee recommends approval of the memorandum of understanding between LAVTA and the City of Dublin.
8. Executive Director’s Report
9. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
10. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: October 1, 2018
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 9/6/2018
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org