Board of Directors Meeting
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
A. Minutes of the June 4, 2018 Board of Directors and Special Meeting.
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of May 2018
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval of the May 2018 Treasurer’s Report.
C. LAVTA Annual Salary Band Review
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve attached Resolution 20-2018 adjusting the rates of salary bands for LAVTA employees.
D. Approve the Purchase of Six Non-revenue Vehicles
Recommendation: Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board: (1) award a contract to Downtown Ford, Inc. through the State of California Contract for a total contract award of $194,029.15; (2) authorize the Executive Director to sign the contract and issue; and (3) approve a 10% project contingency of $19,402.92 to be used at the discretion of the Executive Director.
5. Establishing Standing Committees and Memberships
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board confirm and approve Resolution 22-2018, establishing standing committees, memberships, and officers.
6. Proposed Fare Policy Changes
Recommendation: It is recommended by the Projects and Services Committee and the Finance and Administration Committee that the Board of Directors direct staff to open a public comment and review period on proposed fare policy changes and to hold three public hearings, one each in Dublin, Pleasanton and Livermore in September 2018. After consideration of public input, a final staff recommendation will be brought to the Board of Directors in October with an anticipated implementation date of January 1, 2019.
7. Executive Director’s Report
8. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
9. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: August 6, 2018
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 6/28/2018
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : email@example.com