Board of Directors Meeting
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
A. Minutes of the February 5, 2018 Board of Directors meeting.
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of January 2018
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the January 2018 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Summer 2018 Summer School Service Accommodation
Recommendation: At its February 26, 2018 meeting, the Projects & Services Committee forwarded a recommendation to the Board of Directors to:
• Operate Wheels routes #501 and #502 during the DUSD 2018 summer school program, and
• Direct students to the regular Wheels route 10R for the PUSD 2018 summer school program.
D. Contract Award for Individualized Marketing Services
Recommendation: Approve the award of a contract for purchase of individualized marketing services to Steer Davies Gleave in the amount of $129,950 for the option year of the contract. Additionally staff requests a 10% contingency for the project and authorization for the Executive Director to execute the contract.
E. Resolution in Support of Application for FY 17-18 funding through the State Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP)
Recommendation: Based on a recommendation from the Finance & Administration Committee, staff requests Board approve of Resolution 09-2018 in support of an allocation request to Caltrans for the Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP) toward the future purchase of four zero-emission battery-electric replacement buses in FY 2022. This resolution is required to request allocations for this funding from Caltrans.
5. Fixed-Route Operations and Maintenance Contract
Recommendation: Based on the recommendations of both the Projects & Services and Finance & Administration Committees, staff recommends the Board of Directors award the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Contract for fixed-route bus service to MV Transportation for a period of three base years commencing on July 1, 2018, with LAVTA holding four additional one-year options.
6. Contract Award for LAVTA On-Call Bus Shelter Installation, Removal, and Related Services
Recommendation: Based on the recommendation of the Finance & Administration Committee, staff recommends the Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to execute a one-year contract with two one-year options with Hammercraft Construction and Development for on-call bus shelter installation, removal, and related services.
Recommendation: Based on the recommendation of the Finance & Administration Committee, staff requests that the Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to execute an Agreement between LAVTA and Sealed Power Corporation to replace obsolete fareboxes on 20 LAVTA-owned buses.
8. Executive Director’s Report
9. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
10. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: April 2, 2018
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 3/1/2018
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : email@example.com