Board of Directors Meeting
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
A. Minutes of the February 6, 2017 Board of Directors meeting.
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of January 2017
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the January 2017 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Contract Award for LAVTA Financial Auditing Services
Recommendation: Finance and Administration Committee recommend that the Board of Directors enter into an agreement with Maze and Associates for the provision of financial auditing services including the comprehensive annual financial audit, for a three-year period in the amount of $87,455 plus a 10% contingency of $8,745, and authorize the Executive Director to executehttp://www.wheelsbus.com/wp-admin/upload.php the agreement in a form approved by LAVTA’s legal counsel.
D. Contract Award for LAVTA Rutan Parking Area Resurfacing
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board: (1) award a contract to Silicon Valley Paving, Inc., the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for the LAVTA Rutan Parking Area Resurfacing #2016-17, for a total contract award of $110,218.00; (2) authorize the Executive Director to sign the contract and issue an NTP to Silicon Valley Paving; and (3) approve a 10% project contingency of $11,021.80 to be used at the discretion of the Executive Director.
E. Resolutions in Support of Application for FY 16-17 funding through the State Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP)
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends Board approval of Resolution 14-2017 and Resolution 15-2017 in support of an allocation request to Caltrans for the Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP). The Board resolutions attached will enable staff to apply for LCTOP funding to continue the Las Positas College Easy Pass Program.
5. Executive Director’s Report
Recommendation: None – Information Only
7. LAVTA Dublin Blvd. Field Elements Construction Project
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board: (1) award a contract to St. Francis Electric, LLC, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for the LAVTA Dublin Blvd. Field Elements Construction Project #2017-02, for a total contract award of $399,792.00; (2) authorize the Executive Director to sign the contract and issue an NTP to St. Francis Electric, LLC; and (3) approve a 10% project contingency of $39,979.20 to be used at the discretion of the Executive Director.
8. Contract Award for LAVTA Microwave Based Traffic Sensors at Five Signalized Intersections
Recommendation: Approve Resolution 16-2017 and award the contract to Western Pacific Signal, LLC to provide Microwave Based Traffic Sensors at Five Signalized Intersections.
9. Adjourn to CLOSED SESSION
10. Closed Session pursuant to Cal. Government Code Section 54956.9(d):
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL—ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
SIGNIFICANT EXPOSURE TO LITIGATION (1 MATTER)
11. Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
12. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
13. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: April 3, 2017
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 3/1/17
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : email@example.com