1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the October 2016 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends that the LAVTA Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to enter into the MOU with the City of Pleasanton for the Comprehensive Tri-Valley Paratransit Assessment.
D. Resolution Authorizing the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority to Adopt an Operational Area Agreement for Participation in the Alameda County Operational Area Emergency Management Organization
Recommendation: Staff recommends the LAVTA Board of Directors approve the Resolution 42-2016 Authorizing the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority to Adopt and Operational Area Agreement for Participation in the Alameda County Operational Area Emergency Management Organization.
Recommendation: Staff, in conjunction with LAVTA Legal Counsel recommends that the Board approve Resolution 41-2016 to reject the low bid and authorize the Executive Director to negotiate on the open market and enter into a contract or contracts for the replacement and installation of a maintenance bay lift at the Rutan facility for $147,000 with a contingency of $3,000 for an aggregate of $150,000.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors adopt the above meeting calendar for 2017.
8. Adjourn to CLOSED SESSION
9. Closed Session pursuant to Cal. Government Code Section 54956.9(d):z
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL—ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
SIGNIFICANT EXPOSURE TO LITIGATION (2 MATTERS)
10. Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
11. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
12. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: January 9, 2017
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/Jennifer Suda 11/30/2016
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : email@example.com