Board of Directors Meeting
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. March and April Wheels Accessible Advisory Committee Minutes Report
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
A. Minutes of the March 7, 2016 Board of Directors meeting.
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of February and March 2016
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the February and March 2016 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Accommodation for the 2016 Summer School Program
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee recommends the Board approve a repeat of last year’s summer school accommodations as described above. Specifically, Staff recommends to:
• Continue accommodation of the LARPD ESS summer program in Livermore by operating Route 403 three days per week during summer 2016;
• Continue accommodation of the DUSD and DPIE summer programs at Dublin High School by operating Route 501 five days per week during summer 2016; and
• Accommodate the PUSD summer program at its (new) location at Amador Valley High School by operating Route 605 four days per week during summer 2016, and by way of the regularly scheduled service of Routes 8 and 10.
D. Extra Service during the 2016 Alameda County Fair and the Livermore Fourth of July Fireworks Show
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee recommends that the Board approve the 2016 Alameda County Fair and Livermore Fireworks service plan.
E. Short Range Transit Plan FY2016-2025
Recommendation: Approve LAVTA’s Short Range Transit Plan 2016-2025.
F. East Dublin School Trippers Capacity and Alignment Partitioning
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve the cost-neutrally partition of the two current eastern Dublin school trippers oriented for Dublin High School into three routes for logistical purposes as outlined above and shown on the attached maps, effective with school starts on August 15, 2016.
G. 5311 Authorizing Resolution
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board of Directors approve the attached Resolution authorizing staff to submit requests for FTA Section 5311 Funding to the Caltrans. This item was recommended to the Board by the Finance & Administration Committee.
H. Transit Performance Improvement Program (TPI) Authorizing Resolution
Recommendation: Staff requests approval of Resolution #16-2016 authorizing Staff to submit a request to MTC for the Transit Performance Incentives (TPI) Program in the amount of $423,798.
Recommendation: The F&A Committee received this report and has recommended it to the Board of Directors for action. Staff recommends the Board accept the report as presented; adopt he legislative positions recommended herein and direct staff to take action to communicate these positions with the Legislature.
J. Approval of Resolutions Authorizing Staff to Apply for TDA, STA, and RM2 funds for Fiscal Year 2016-2017
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval of the attached resolutions authorizing the filing of a claim with MTC for Allocation of TDA Article 4.0, 4.5, and STA Funds for Fiscal Year 2016-2017.
6. Comprehensive Operations Analysis – Proposed Wheels Service Changes
A. Staff Report
B. Public Hearing
C. Discussion & Action
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends that the Board approve the service changes recommended as a part of the COA Preferred Alternative as detailed in the attached Resolution, and recommends the Board authorize staff to file a Notice of Exemption under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
7. Executive Director’s Report
8. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
9. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: June 6, 2016
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 4/27/16
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org