Board Of Directors Meeting
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows :
A. Minutes of the October 7, 2013 meeting of the Board of Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of September 2013
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends approval of the September 2013 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) Fiscal Years 2013/14-2018/19 Funding Resolution
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends approval of Resolution 25-2013.
D. December Board Meeting Date
Recommendation: Approve changing the date of the December Board meeting from the 2nd to the 16th.
5. Fiscal Year 2013 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board of Directors review and approve the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), prior to submitting the CAFR to the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for award.
6. Quarterly Budget and Grants Update
Recommendation: NA – information only.
7. Livermore ADA Bus Stop Improvements
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board approve Resolution 26-2013 to award a contract to Ray’s Electric, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for the Livermore ADA Bus Stop Improvements, for a total contract award of $100,785 plus applicable taxes. Authorize the Executive Director to sign the contract and issue a Notice to Proceed. Approve a 10% project contingency of $10,079 to be used at the discretion of the Executive Director for a total project cost not to exceed $110,864 plus applicable taxes.
8. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
9. Executive Director’s Report
10. Board of Directors Workshop
11. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: December 16, 2013 at 4:00pm (Per Board Approval)
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, October 30, 2013
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551