Board of Directors Meeting
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows :
A. Minutes of the September 9, 2013 meeting of the Board of Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of August 2013
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the attached August 2013 Treasurer’s Report.
5. Marketing Strategy Plan for the Remainder of FY14
Recommendation: The Marketing Strategy Plan is an informational item only, however, the Board expressed a desire to approve the commercial. The Projects & Services Committee recommends that the Board approve the tone and style of commercial 1 and continue this through the second and third commercials as well.
6. Transportation Development Act (TDA) Triennial Performance Audit for the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA) Prepared for the Metropolitan Transportation Commission for the Fiscal Years 2010 Through 2012
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors accept the TDA Performance Audit Report for Fiscal Years 2010-2012.
7. Call for a Board of Directors Workshop
Recommendation: Schedule a three-hour Board of Directors Workshop for updating the Wheels Strategic Plan (2006) and the SRTP, and preparing the Wheels Fiscal Years 2015 Annual Budget and Work Plan.
8. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
9. Executive Director’s Report
10. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: November 4, 2013
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, 10/2/13
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551