Board of Directors Meeting
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Public Hearing – Potential Service Changes
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows :
A. Minutes of the May 6, 2013 meeting of the Board of Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of April 2013
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends approval of the April 2013 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Complete Streets Resolution
Recommendation: Approve recommendation from the LAVTA Projects and Services Committee to adopt the attached Resolution 16-2013, to support and approve the Complete Streets Policies and Legislation adopted by Alameda County, the Cities of Dublin, Livermore and Pleasanton, and the State of California.
D. Measure B Express Bus Grant Funds Resolutions
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee forwards a recommendation to the LAVTA Board of Directors to approve the attached Resolutions 20-2013, and 21-2013, to authorize its Executive Director, to execute funding agreements with Alameda CTC for FY 2012/13 under the Coordinated Call for Projects.
E. WAAC Appointments for FY13
Recommendation: Staff has compiled the Board’s appointments into Resolution 18-2013 for adoption at the June 3, 2013 Board meeting.
F. ADA Paratransit Application Part 2 Update
Recommendation: The Wheels Accessibility Advisory Committee and the Projects and Services Committee recommend to the Board of Directors to approve Part 2 of the ADA paratransit application for immediate implementation.
G. Resolution Authorizing Investment of Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA) Monies in the State of California Local Agency Investment Fund (LAIF)
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board of Directors adopt the attached Resolution 15-2013 reauthorizing investment of LAVTA monies in LAIF.
6. Contract Award for LAVTA Legal Services
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the LAVTA Board of Directors enter into an agreement with Hanson Bridgett, LLP for the provision of legal services, for a three-year period with seven option years, and authorize the Executive Director to execute the agreement.
7. Proposed Service Changes to be Effective August 2013
Recommendation: This item is for information only.
8. LAVTA’s Final Budget for FY 2014
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve the final LAVTA FY2014 Operating and Capital Budget.
9. Election of LAVTA Chair and Vice Chair
Recommendation: Nominate and elect a Chair and Vice Chair for FY14 in accordance with the agency’s bylaws.
10. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
11. Executive Director’s Report
12. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: July 1, 2013
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, May 29, 2013
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551