Board of Directors Meeting
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Wheels Accessibility Advisory Committee Report
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows :
A. Minutes of the April 1, 2013 meeting of the Board of Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of March 2013
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends approval of the March 2013 Treasurer’s Report.
C. MTC’s 511 Project
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee was briefed on this item. Information only – no action is required at this time.
D. Delete a Run of Route 54
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee recommends that the Board approve the deletion of the fourth morning run of Route 54.
E. Transfers Between LAVTA and PPS
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee recommends approval of a free transfer policy between Wheels fixed routes and Pleasanton’s DTR route.
6. LAVTA Benefits Review
Recommendation: This is an information item.
7. Human Resources Policy
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board approve Resolution 07-2013 and the Proposed LAVTA Human Resources Policy.
8. LAVTA Annual Organizational Review
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board of Directors approve the attached organization chart and the Resolution 14-2013 changing the rates of salary bands for LAVTA employees.
9. LAVTA’s Preliminary Budget for FY 2014
Recommendation: Review the preliminary Operating and Capital Budget for FY 2014. The proposed Budget will be presented to the full Board of Directors in May, discussed again at F&A in late May, and be presented for final approval by the Board in June.
10. Customer Complaint System
No Staff Report – Power Point Presentation
11. Paratransit Contract with American Logistics Company
Recommendation: Information only – no formal action is required.
12. Termination of Federal Representation Contract
Recommendation: Staff recommends that formal notice be issued to Jordan & Associates to terminate the contract, pursuant to Section 22 of the contract, effective June 30, 2013.
13. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
14. Executive Director’s Report
15. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: June 3, 2013
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, May 1, 2013
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551