Board of Directors Meeting
Due to COVID-19 meetings will not be held on-site at LAVTA, so please see the agenda link for further instructions for joining our Zoom conference meeting and how the public can participate.
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. March Tri-Valley Accessible Advisory Committee Minutes
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
A. Minutes of the March 7, 2022 Board of Directors meeting.
B. Treasurer’s Report for February 2022
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board of Directors approve the February 2022 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Adoption of a Resolution Declaring that Agency Meetings Will Continue to Be Held Via Teleconference
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board of Directors adopt Resolution 14-2022 declaring that LAVTA meetings will continue to be held via teleconference.
D. Bus Exterior Advertising Contract
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends the LAVTA Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to award a contract to Lamar Transit Advertising for the sale and installation of exterior bus advertising for an initial contract period of three years beginning July 1, 2022 with two option years exercisable by LAVTA at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve the 2022 LAVTA Title VI Program for submittal to the Federal Transit Administration.
F. Las Positas College Memorandum of Understanding
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends that the Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to execute a Memorandum of Understanding with the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District for the continuation of the Las Positas College Student Transit Pass Program.
G. Zero-Emission Bus Rollout Plan
Recommendation: The Project & Services Committee recommend the Board of Directors adopt Resolution 12-2022, approving LAVTA’s ZEB Rollout Plan for submission to CARB.
H. LAVTA Rutan Landscaping Construction Project
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board of Directors approve Resolution 09-2022, authorizing the Executive Director to execute an agreement with Westside Landscape and Concrete, Inc. for the removal of the existing landscape, soil preparation, irrigation system installation, and planting at the Rutan Facility.
6. Atlantis Transit Facility Bridging and Design Services Update
Recommendation: None – information only.
7. Authorization of Executive Director to Execute Modification No. 2 to Agreement with MV Transportation, Inc. Regarding Employee Wage Adjustments and Bonuses
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of Resolution 15-2022, authorizing the Executive Director to execute Modification No. 2 to the Agreement between LAVTA and MV to provide for wage scale increases for fixed-route operations staff, and a one-time appreciation bonus of up to $1,500 per employee that serves LAVTA, for their dedication and commitment to work excellence throughout the COVID pandemic.
8. FTA Section 5311 Funding Authorizing Resolution
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 10-2022, authorizing LAVTA to receive federal funding under FTA Section 5311.
9. Resolution in Support of Allocation Request for FY 21-22 Funding through the State Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP)
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 11-2022 in support of an allocation request for the FY 21-22 Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP) to restore peak-hour Rapid service frequencies in FY 22-23.
10. Executive Director’s Report
11. Adjourn to CLOSED SESSION
12. CLOSED SESSION – PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT (Gov’t Code 54957(b):
Title of Position: Executive Director
13. Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
14. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
15. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: May 2, 2022
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Executive Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 3/31/2022
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : email@example.com