1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the September 2017 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board of Directors: (1) award a contract to FBD Vanguard Construction, Inc., the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for the LAVTA Bus Shelter Demolition and Movement Project #2017-17, for a total contract award of $416,174.00; (2) authorize the Executive Director to sign the contract and issue an NTP to FBD Vanguard Construction, Inc.; and (3) approve a 10% project contingency of $41,617.40 to be used at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 35-2017 to execute a task order contract with LAVTA’s on-call contractor Kimley Horn and Associates, Inc., for a not-to-exceed amount of $175,000 with a contingency amount of $17,500 (10%) to be utilized at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration committee recommends the Board acceptthe Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) prior to submitting the CAFR to the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for award.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Boardapprove the MOU with County Connection.
8. Adjourn to CLOSED SESSION
9. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b):
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Title: Executive Director
10. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency Representative: Michael Conneran, Legal Counsel
Unrepresented Employee: Executive Director
11. Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
12. Consideration of Amendment to Employment Agreement with Executive Director Michael Tree
Recommendation: Legal Counsel recommends that the Board consider an amendment to the employment agreement with Executive Director Michael Tree
13. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
14. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: December 4, 2017
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 11/1/17
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org