RFP 2024-03 East Bay Coalition State Advocacy Services
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA), Eastern Contra Costa Transit Authority (Tri-Delta Transit), Central Contra Costa Transit Authority (County Connection), and the Western Contra Costa Transit Authority (WestCAT), collectively, the “East Bay Small Operator Transit Coalition” (Coalition) are jointly seeking proposals from qualified firms for State of California Legislative Advocacy Services to support regulatory, legislative, operations, and funding issues of interest to the Coalition. LAVTA will be the lead agency for the procurement and is issuing this Joint Request for Proposals No. 2024-03 on behalf of Coalition members. The successful Proposer will enter into individual contracts with each of the four Coalition members and will be responsible for individual billing and negotiating contract terms with each Agency, respectively. LAVTA’s sample agreement for services in included as Appendix B.
LAVTA is looking for State Advocacy Services to:
- Represent and advocate on behalf of the Coalition with relevant State agencies and related interest groups, including but not limited to the following: the Governor’s Administration, California State Transportation Agency (CalSTA), Caltrans, California Transportation Commission (CTC), California Air Resources Board (CARB), California Energy Commission (CEC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), California Highway Patrol (CHP), the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC), and the State Legislature.
- Facilitate meetings with legislators and legislative staff, key personnel with the aforementioned state agencies with Coalition members to promote Coalition projects and priorities and address Coalition concerns.
- Assist with and support State funding requests for Coalition projects and priorities.
- Develop and maintain contact with members of the Legislature and state agencies to facilitate regular communication about the Coalition’s projects and priorities.
- Identify and evaluate the potential impacts of proposed legislation, policies, and regulations on the Coalition.
- Provide reports and presentations to Coalition Boards or Committees upon request.
LAVTA invites you to submit a proposal to provide State Legislative Advocacy Services as further detailed in the Scope of Services, Appendix A, to this RFP (“Services”).
LAVTA and its Coalition partners anticipates awarding a contract for a one-year term to the highest-ranked Proposer, with two, one-year optional extension years. The successful Proposer will execute an Agreement for Services for a not-to-exceed compensation with each agency.
LAVTA intends to adhere to the following solicitation timeline, which is subject to change at its discretion:
|Questions, and Requests for Clarification/ (RFCs) Due
|LAVTA’s Response to Questions and RFCs
|Interviews (if needed)
|Week of 2/12/24
|Contract Award (tentative)
|Notice to Proceed (tentative)
All Questions and/or RFCs must be submitted in writing by email to Tamara Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAVTA’s written response to Questions and/or RFCs will be posted on LAVTA’s website or will be emailed to Proposers who received a copy of the RFP. Please refer to the above solicitation timeline.
Proposals will be received via email to email@example.com until 2:00 p.m. on February 9, 2024. Hard copy submissions will NOT be accepted. Hard copies received will be returned (unopened) to Proposers without consideration.
Submission of a proposal constitutes a firm offer to LAVTA for 120 days from the submission deadline for proposals. Submission of a proposal indicates acceptance by a firm of the conditions contained in this RFP unless clearly and specifically noted in the proposal submitted and confirmed in the Agreement between LAVTA and the firm selected.
For questions regarding this RFP, please contact Tamara Edwards at (925) 455-7566 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details of the RFP click here.