Salary range$16.00/HR - $20.00/HR
- Participate in or lead college, high school, middle school and community outreach events for Wheels and Rapid bus services, communicating with students/the community on route, schedule and fare information, setting up/breaking down displays, etc.
- Research new marketing tactics for community outreach
- Help build website assets such as taking photos of event activations, bus stops, community functions, etc.
- Create engaging social media content, respond to inquiries, grow our following on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube;
- Assist with selecting marketing promotional items such as t-shirts, lanyards, pens, flyers, etc.
- Complete other administrative and miscellaneous duties that are assigned
Non-Exempt, Part-Time Temporary Position. As a temporary position, it is not eligible for benefits. Position limited to 20 hours or less per week. Open until filled.
- Pursuing a career in marketing, graphic design, advertising or a related field relevant to a public transit agency
- Currently enrolled at a college or university, part-time or full-time, as an undergraduate or graduate student at the time of application submission
- Experience using MS Word and Excel
- Graphic design experience in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, webpage design and content management
- Marketing, advertising, community outreach, or other work experience
- Must have excellent reading, writing, comprehension and editing skills
- Must be available to work a minimum of 10 hours and a maximum of 20 hours per week, meet in person with supervisor at least once a week during LAVTA’s regular business hours (8AM-5PM M-F)
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record (periodically drives LAVTA vehicles), have reliable vehicle and willing to drive to suggested events
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit resume and cover letter to the attention of Tony McCaulay. Note that this position is open until filled. Documents may be submitted via: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or Mail: LAVTA, 1362 Rutan Dr., Suite 100, Livermore, CA 94551; or FAX: 925.443.1375
For Details of this Job Description click here.