Finance and Administration Intern
This position is open until filled. The first filing deadline is October 31, 2023. Please submit a resume to the attention of Tamara Edwards. Documents may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed to LAVTA, 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100, Livermore, CA 94551, or faxed to 925.443.1375
POSITION: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION INTERN
- Position reports directly to the Director of Finance
- Position works closely with the Accounting Analyst
- Position coordinates with all LAVTA Personnel and LAVTA’s Operations Contractor.
WAGE: $18.00/HR – $21.00/HR
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt, Part-Time Temporary Position
The following scope of work clarifies the specific tasks of the intern(s) working for Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA). LAVTA will provide the interns with guidance on projects and tasks, the opportunity to attend staff and committee meetings, and provide the necessary tools (e.g. computer, work station, etc.) for interns to complete assignments. The Internship Program will run from date of hire to November 30, 2023 and will be advertised as a recurring one-year internship. This position is limited to 20 hours or less per week. It is a temporary position, not eligible for benefits.
The successful Intern will possess a High School Diploma and be a full-time or part-time student currently enrolled at a college or university interested in pursuing a career in finance, accounting or administration. Or a recent graduate looking to gain work experience. Experience using MS Word, and Excel is highly desirable. Must have excellent reading, writing, comprehension and editing skills. Interns must be available to work a minimum of 10 hours and a maximum of 20 hours a week and meet with the supervisor once a week during regular business hours of LAVTA; between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, in person.
The objective of this temporary part-time position is to provide work experience to a student(s) pursuing a career in administration, accounting, or public agency finance. The following is a list of learning opportunities:
- Using fund accounting software enter accounts payable invoices.
- Process grant reimbursement requests.
- Farebox reconciliation
- Bank statement reconciliation.
- Record retention.
- Brown act requirements.
- Budget documents including reconciling budget documents and general ledger amounts.
- Prepare studies, reports, analyses, and recommendations in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, grants and business forecasts. Evaluate and review plans, programs and proposals and submit comments and recommendations.
- Payroll functions and requirements.
- Conduct analysis using Excel, Access and other programs or software packages.
For Details of this Job Description click here.